The FOP’s influence “has left other police organizations feeling out in the cold.”
– The Wall Street Journal
The Fraternal Order of Police is THE voice of law enforcement in Washington DC. There is no stronger and more effective advocate for law enforcement. This diligent representation and unrivaled success is achieved by our strong presence in Washington and cannot be duplicated at the state or local levels.
THE FOP IS WORKING FOR YOU…
- Protecting officers’ overtime pay it
- Passing the federal law that allows the carrying of a concealed firearm by officers across the nation
- Establishing the Law Enforcement Officers Death Benefit program
- Promoting a “Bill of Rights” for law enforcement officers
- Fighting to restore full social security benefits to all Law Enforcement Officers
- Fighting legislation that weakens federal drug laws
Please see www.fop.net/legislative for the most up-to-date information on the FOP’s Washington activities.
The FOP Legislative office is staffed by full-time professionals and is located blocks from the US Capitol. This staff works directly with members of Congress, the administration, and regulators to influence the legislation and regulations that affect law enforcement officers. The numerous successes of the FOP benefit the daily lives of law enforcement officers in countless ways.
Steve Young Law Enforcement Legislative Advocacy Center
The Fraternal Order of Police is the largest organization of law enforcement professionals in the United States. The FOP maintains an office in Washington, D.C. on Capitol Hill, where a full-time professional staff actively lobbies Congress and the Administration on the issues most important to rank-and-file law enforcement officers. The National Legislative Program is the most active and comprehensive of any law enforcement organization in Washington.
Washington, D.C. Staff
- Jim Pasco, Senior Advisor to the President
- Tim Richardson, Senior Legislative Liaison
- Scott Marks, Legislative Liaison
- Michael Martin, Legislative Liaison
- Yetter Jenkins, Administrative Assistant
328 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
(202) 547-8189 Phone
(202) 547-8190 Fax